The original inspiration for this article was to highlight how Network marketing is no more a "scheme", than topics such as university or college degrees, marriage or even landing your "dream job"... that was until I realized, The only difference between any one of these topics or similar ones, is perspective, mindset and attitude. Join me to explore a few of my latest realizations on my business venture.
1. Just because you have a university degree or college diploma does NOT guarantee you will land your dream job. AND just because you DON'T have a university degree or college diploma, doesn't mean you CAN'T land your dream job!
2. Your educational background will not guarantee that you will always be able to keep the position you landed.
3. Every person at every job is always replaceable - we live in a competitive society.
4. If you work for someone else, you do not have a "stable" career.
5. If you work for yourself, you do not have a "stable" career.
6. Comparing a company like Nike to an MLM or Network Marketing Company such as Isagenix, and the main difference is, Nike pays a ton of money for marketing and advertising as they really want their brand everywhere and anywhere the human eye can see, to sell as much as possible. Network marketing companies (specifically the one I work for) have a pretty unreal compensation plan to pay their product users to share what they love via word of mouth advertising. This is called "direct sales". It makes for a pretty fun side job that can grow in the pockets of you time. (yes around your full time job, yes around being a parents, yes around your relationship - better yet with your partner) .
7. EXAMPLE : If you like a restaurant and recommend it to someone and they go to that restaurant based on your referral - you have just done what any professional network marketer does for a living. You simply recommended something you love and believe in, likely because you really like their products and services or had a great experience ! The only difference between you and a professional network marketer at this point? They get rewarded financially and you don't.
8. You don't get rich from network marketing overnight, much like you don't get rich from anything, at all, ever, in any way shape or form overnight, unless you've won the lottery or invested in stocks (which takes hours of research and money made in order to invest...so back to my original thought - UNLESS YOU WIN THE LOTTERY!)
9. Getting "rich" takes being coachable, open-minded, having the ability to grow yourself to the degree you want to grow your business or someone else's, have an unshakable belief system, are resilient as F, can push through ups and downs and the list just goes on and on. Oh and all of these things still won't promise you'll get rich. You ARE absolutely promised to learn a lot.
One of my favourite things about our personal development career
One of my favourite things about the business model of MLM or of Network Marketing is that a person has the opportunity to earn an income based on the degree to which they are willing to work for it. This is not guaranteed! No one is promising you anything.
The way I see it, just as a professional athlete will dedicate their entire life to training and and tweaking their lifestyle to be on top of their game (mentally, emotionally, spiritually, physically), they are not guaranteed to win the Olympics or a World Championship title, it is a HUGE risk to focus all of their time and attention to ONE thing.
What IS important to know about those professional athletes and wildly dedicated individuals spread out all around the world, if those individuals are passionate about their journey and believe in what they are doing - THAT IS BEAUTIFUL - You don't need to understand it or pay attention to it, but how about you stop putting people down for what they believe in. - This is something one of my good friends Mieka Bourada is really sharing lately. Just be your own person and be kind!
What IS also extremely important to me? That EVERYONE know that if you are extremely happy to have a 9-5 job, have routine, and go about your life in a way that best suits your needs, I LOVE IT, I LOVE YOU! I want you to radiate with light in your experiences and to truly be happy and if life gets tough, move compassionately through the hardships. You do you!
Where I am coming from? I am becoming all too familiar with this next point... so much so that I'd like to address it. Many people in my life outwardly vocalize wishing their life were different, how they'd rather their life be a certain way, how tired they are, and how they are feeling lost, disconnected and not in a space to appreciate the world around them. I get it! I have been there and definitely have my moments of confusion. Attitude, Mindset, Perspective, Action, Surrender - these are your tools to help you tune your focus and which will both empower and liberate you.
So I gently send these articles to foster growth - for my self and for you! I hope to be your mirror. It is okay to let go of all the rules and beliefs you have stuck by and I challenge you to take a step back to make sure we really stand behind what WE as individuals, living our own unique human experience believe in, rather than all the pressures and judgement that society plays on our minds and hearts. Just because the masses feel a certain way, does not mean we have to as well. Always know that you may adjust your focus and place of orientation. You can change your beliefs if you have suddenly come to a new realization or learned new information. Waiver and sway in your humanity and do what feels right by you.
There is a very small percentage of people who are willing to make the sacrifices it takes to tap into their human potential and truly dedicate themselves to their sport, self, career, family etc. At any other job I've had, there has ALWAYS been a limit to what I am able to bring home both in a sense of finances as well as how I felt about my contribution to society.
I am SO enjoying my growth and development and the people around me right now in my life. Things are feeling super clear and I have set my GPS and am on my way! (What's a GPS ? It's knowing the direction you want to go in your life and getting clear about it, otherwise how will you know how to get there. Set it daily, weekly, monthly and yearly.)
10. You have a job right? You work for someone else then, and you have a manager, and somewhere up the chain there is the owner and founder of that company. This just means technically...you are apart of a pyramid model. Restaurants, retail, government. We are all working towards someone else's dream and contributing and the person at the top is likely in Hawaii right now playing golf, sipping on a cocktail, or in the mountains in Switzerland with their family basking in TLC.
11. Perspective, attitude, mindset. These qualities can separate a person from anything. (rich/poor happy/sad appreciative/entitled to a certain degree....the beauty of contrast). I heard a person recently state on their social media, "it seems that everyone is apart of a pyramid scheme, promising to get rich." Andddddd what 'd really like to say to everyone who likes to throw around the words "scheme" so loosely and ignorantly, is this:
If you look at any single thing in your life that is unfamiliar, you will find flaws, discomfort, and likely be fearful, untrusting and pass judgment in order to keep you justified in your "unknowing of _______ (insert ex - network marketing)".
What it takes to understand something? A little openness to expanding one's mindset and to hear all of the information - the appealing AND the unappealing. I know this because I used to be very critical of what other people did. Now that I better understand, that projection was a reflection of my own insecurity. The power in knowing, is the same power you receive when you allow yourself to trust in yourself and ACTUALLY trust in others.
Now this isn't just about network marketing, this is about something much bigger. Mindset, perspective, personality and attitude. While people are busy being super critical of what others are doing with their life choices, they are actually limiting their own personal expansion.
The energy it takes to put another person down or to openly criticize or judge, is a direct indication that something internal is going on within the individual who has shared this discomfort. Pay attention to this...to people who are aggressive, harsh, negative and to the ones who give you the hardest time. They are your mirror - they are there to teach you a lesson. I am here likely pissing someone else off just to teach them something. That's their journey and this is mine!
In my personal experience, when someone is critical about what I do or something I've done, it is because they likely have either had a bad PAST experience, or they have not had an experience at all. Misinformation, lack of education, holding on to past experiences and feelings are just some reasons why people are led to speak negatively.
At the end of the day it absolutely does NOT matter why or for what reason OTHER people think and behave! IT IS ABOUT YOU and how you show up. It IS about what YOU share, how YOU maintain your balance and how YOU carry your mindset through every aspect of your life.
People aren't going to change. So if you aren't getting the results you want. If you are allowing yourself to be dimmed or disappointed by what OTHER people are doing....this is your wake up call.
When you start going after what you want in life in the cliche "unapologetic way", people will try and bring you down. They will do things you don't like, talk shit about you, they will even go so far as to TRY and bring you down. If you're doing what you love and you truly believe in it - you have to build yourself a coat of armour to prepare for the journey ahead. Mental toughness, resiliency, positive attitude, gratefulness, mindfulness, spirituality, friendships, a supportive partner, writing, taking photos, working out, eating healthy, sleeping enough, these are some of the ways I keep myself going when things get hard.
Wherever you are in your journey, allow yourself space and compassion for your expansion. You may have been having a really tough time lately or maybe you're riding waves of joy! Meet yourself where you are and be kind.
I BELIEVE IN YOU!
12. Oh yeah and that nutritional system pyramid scheme .... I lost and kept off 15 lbs over a year ago and am getting in the best shape of my life. Oh and it has replaced a part-time income, while building a business with my best friends and people who are aligned with the same values I have in mind -- Health, Wealth, Freedom, Lifestyle, Community, Growth, Family, Friends, Personal Development, Continual Learning, Travel, Choice, Awakened, Inspired, Passionate - yeah I can get pretty excited about that ... you?
Her free-spirited and bubbly personality allow her to connect with people from all walks of life. She is a certified Life Coach, a writer, blogger and avid traveller who has difficulty leaving her house without her Nikon. She strives to serve, showing people how to get what they are most wanting in life whether it be physical, emotional, financial or spiritual.
AEE BLOG Categories